I see YouTube videos of gifted 4 year old's playing Mozart piano solos, 7 year-old violinists playing with big orchestras, etc. I see super athletes, actors, business people who excel way beyond their peers. I hear about pastors of meg mega churches too. By comparison, I am not even average. The average church in America is about 70 people. I score below average on that one. There might be some things about me that stand out, but they are not always positive attributes. I am not depressed about all of this though, because I know that:
1. Greater is He who is in me than he that is in the world.
2. We are saved by Grace and not by our works.
3. Christ in me is the hope of glory.
4. When I am weak, He is strong.
5. I am judged by what I do with what He gave me, not by what He gave others.
6. Faith alone is what impresses God, and He gives that.
7. Anything I accomplish is not for me to boast but all the praise belong to God anyhow.
So, being average is not a problem if you give all of your average-ness over to God.

No comments:
Post a Comment