Tuesday, April 2, 2019

THINGS CAN CHANGE SUDDENLY

On Friday, March 29, 2019 we were expecting guests for dinner. Ruth asked me if I would make a quick trip to the grocery about a mile away and get a few things. No big deal right? After I picked up just a few things and headed back to home, a lady in a Toyota Corolla turned in front of me. I had no time to stop so I ran into her car, spinning her around. I pulled over to the side and rushed over to her car to discover two young boys sitting in the back seat, wide-eyed and scared, but not injured. The driver was not hurt either. For this I thanked God out loud! As in all situations like this, you play the event over and over in your mind in attempt to figure out what went wrong and how might you have prevented the accident. I do remember it happening and how I felt like a protective shield was all around me. It did not hurt. I was not injured. I know this was God's protection! The fact that the three people in the other car were not hurt either did not escape me! The aftermath of filling out police reports and pulling the bumper off so I could drive home took time and required patience, but I made it home in time for dinner with my praying friends. We spent the evening in the Presence of God who watches over His people with loving kindness and tender mercies.

As I reflect back on this incident, and other such events in my life, I am reminded once again how quickly things can change. A sudden accident, illness, act of crime, etc. can altar a person's life abruptly and often set them on a permanent course change. It could and often does end a person's life on this planet and sends him off into eternity. It then reminded me that I must at all times be ready for change. I must have my house in order and secure. I must not fear change, but meet it like any good Boy Scout---PREPARED! It is also important to listen to the Voice of God when He tries to give warning of things to come. I remember while at the grocery store thinking why did I get out in 5:00 traffic for salad dressing? Could it be.....was God trying to warn me? He is so faithful to help us if we will let Him.

People talk a lot (in my circles) about how Jesus is coming very soon. I believe He is definitely, but He could come for you even before the Big Event! Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment