Friday, September 4, 2020


 Seventeen years ago today, Sept. 4th, Norma Joyce Thomason was promoted to her Heavenly home at the age of 52. I met her in May 1969 and we were married the following March 1970. We had 33 years together and enjoyed a wonderful relationship. She was lovely, godly and deeply cared about everyone she met. A great Mother to Heather and Aaron, she poured her life and values into them. She was my wife, my friend and a wise confident. Her passing upset me terribly. The way she died was horrible and it deeply affected me. Then one day she came to see me in a dream.  She was all excited about her passage from this realm into the Presence of God. Her manner of death was nowhere in her mind. She just kept describing how two bronze angels carried her into the very presence of Jesus. She told how beautiful the angels were but she could not look at them because she could see Jesus getting closer and closer as they carried her to Him. She was full of joy and kept clapping her hands as she spoke. When the dream was over, I realized the truth of what the Apostle Paul wrote, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord"! The death scene that I kept seeing over and over was not what was on her mind at all!  I am sharing this because many today have been subjected to some horrific circumstances surrounding the death of a loved one.  For those who die in Christ it is a glorious moment filled with rapturous glory! Think on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment