Friday, October 16, 2009

I love October!


I was born in October, born again in October, Baptized in the Holy Spirit in October, called to preach in October, saved from certain death in a car wreck in October, married to Ruth in October....the list just goes on and on, but you can see why I love October.

My dad, Seth Thomason was born October 1, 1911 and he went to Heaven on October 22, 1985. My good friends Norma Ruth Davis, Cecelia Hopper, and Joyce Fleming were all born in October. I am sure there are others.

I like October weather too. In my home country (Texas Panhandle) October was truly autumn like with cooler temps and trees losing their leaves. In Broken Bow, Ne. we usually had our first snow by the end of October. In Florida, well....it is beginning to cool off and look more like Autumn. We have one maple tree that is shedding its leaves.

Something happens inside of me when October rolls around. I become much more expectant of good things happening and special surprises from the Lord. This October is no different. My spirit is all excited at what God is going to reveal in the next couple of weeks of October.....something good is about to happen!!! Then comes November, the month of giving thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment